The native currency of the TRON network, the TRX token, was initially made available to investors in the initial coin offering (ICO) at 0.00000038 BTC per token in 2017. With BTC’s historic price of roughly $4,600 at the time and 40 billion TRX sold, $70 million was raised in the public token sale.
According to the TRON price chart and historical TRON price data, the price of TRX tokens increased by more than 50-fold in the span of fewer than 30 days between December 2017 and January 2018.
Here is what the historical TRX price data tells us about key milestones in the token’s price history:
- $0.0019 – TRX coin’s price at the time of the ICO sale in 2017 was $ 0.0019 per token
- $0.0100 – The price of TRON surpassed $0.0100 for the first time in mid-December 2017
- $0.0500 – TRON’s price rallied beyond $0.0500 in the final days of December 2017
- $0.1000 – The price of TRX surged past $0.1000 for the first time in March 2018
- $0.2000 – TRON coin’s price reached the $0.2000 price milestone in March 2018, just four months after the token initially started trading
For a glimpse into potential future TRX price movements in addition to the TRON live price, you can follow our algorithmically generated TRON price predictions that take into account TRX’s current price and a number of market indicators, including Fear & Greed Index, market sentiment, overall volatility, and more. You can also check the up-to-date market rate of 1 TRX to USD via our handy crypto-to-fiat and crypto-to-crypto conversion feature.